Thursday, August 25, 2022

New love begins - July 25 and August 4, 1939

The first correspondence from Johnnie to Lucile was a postcard postmarked from Atlanta on July 25, 1939. It was addressed to Miss Lucile Stacks, College Park, Ga Route 1. There was no return address on the postcard.

Hello, 

Just a line to let you know I haven’t forgot you and I will see you soon. 

Johnnie

P.S. Tell Dot and Nellie hello.


Johnnie's first known postcard to Lucile, July 25, 1939 (click to enlarge)

Johnnie mailed another postcard on August 4, 1939, again postmarked from Atlanta and addressed to Lucile at the same address. Johnnie included a return address of 48 Weyman Avenue, Atlanta, Ga on this postcard.

Hello down there, 

Hoping to see you Sunday week. Demp is still here. But Jimmie left last week. I have been working pretty hard all this week. Please write me to let me know you are getting this card. 

Johnnie 

 


August 4, 1939 postcard

No comments:

Post a Comment